Institute of Nursing Education (INE)
Institute of Nursing Education, SME, Pala is committed to provide nursing education program to prepare professionals capable of providing , comprehensive nursing care in an ever changing health care environment. The increasing demands for trained professional in different branches of allied medical sciences in India and abroad is the strong motive behind their venture.
In 2017, this Institution has been handed over to Centre for Professional and Advanced Study Centre established by Govt. of Kerala. Other Nursing colleges under SME, CPAS are mainly located at Gandhinagar, Puthuppally, Pathanamthitta, Manimalakkunnu and Nedumkandam.
To be a center of excellence in providing quality nursing education and preparing professionals to take up Global leadership , excellence in education and healthcare
Institute of Nursing Education, SME, Pala is committed to provide nursing education program to prepare professionals capable of providing , comprehensive nursing care in an ever changing
health care environment.
- On completion of the four year B. Sc. Nursing program the graduate: Apply knowledge from Physical, Biological and behavioral sciences, medical including alter native systems and nursing care to individuals, families and communities.
- Demonstrate understanding of life style and other factors, that affect health of individuals and groups.
- Provide nursing care based on steps of nursing process in collaboration with the individuals and groups.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skill in making decisions in all situations in order to provide quality care.
- Utilize the latest trends and technology in providing health care.
- Provide promotive, preventive and restorative health services in line with the National Health Policies and programmes.
- Practice within the framework of code of ethics and professional conduct, and acceptable standards of practice within the legal boundaries.
- Communicate effectively with individuals and groups, and members of the health team in order to promote effective interpersonal relationships and teamwork.
- Demonstrate skills in teaching to individuals and groups in clinical/community health settings.
- Participate effectively as members of the health team in health care delivery system.
- Demonstrate leadership and managerial skills in clinical/community health settings.
- Conduct need based research studies in various settings and utilize the research findings to improve the quality of care.
- Demonstrate awareness, interest and contribute towards advancement of self and of the profession.
The aim of the undergraduates nursing program is to :
- Prepare graduates to assume responsibilities as professional, competent nurses and midwives in providing promotive, preventive, curative and rehabilitative services.
- Prepare nurses who can make independent decisions in nursing situations, protect the rights and facilitate individuals and groups in pursuit of health, function in the hospital, community nursing services , and conduct research studies in the areas of nursing practice.